2021 DEADLINE - APRIL 30
The Kewaunee County Garden Club is offering scholarships to qualified student applicants pursuing a degree in the field of horticulture/or related to horticulture. Full time students can qualify for up to $1,000.00 per school year and part time students can qualify for up to $500.00 per school year.
Previous applicants may reapply each year up to 4 years in their school career.
1. Must be a resident of Kewaunee County
2. Must be enrolled or accepted in an accredited technical school, college, or university and will pursue an Associates or Bachelors Degree in horticulture or a related field such as Environmental Studies (e.g. Forestry, Botany, Sustainable Agriculture). Preference will be awarded to those pursuing a degree in horticulture.
3. Have completed or have a plan to complete 10 hours of volunteer service work in the field of horticulture or environmental studies/education. Volunteer hours do not have to be completed in Kewaunee County.
For volunteer opportunities with KCGC, please contact Sandi Christman at 920-388-4991. NOTE: The volunteer hours must be completed before scholarship money is received. Provide proof of volunteer hours or timeline plans to complete volunteer hours for the coming year.
4. Submit two letters of recommendations that support the applicant’s interest/commitment to horticulture/environmental studies.
5. Submit an essay, in 250 words: “What I want to accomplish in horticulture or environmental studies.”
6. Previous winners of a KCGC Scholarship that reapply for this scholarship must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
7. Must meet deadlines and requirements of the scholarship application in order to be considered.
The scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria:
1. Completion of the application and all requirements.
2. Two written recommendations that support the applicant’s interest/commitment to horticulture.
The scholarship committee of the Kewaunee County Garden Club will make the recommendations to the club based on the above required criteria information provided by the applicant.
Because of the unique criteria listed, the KC Garden Club reserves the right to not award a scholarship in any given year if the criteria listed is not met.
Please fill out the online KCGC Scholarship Application found on this website and email completed form to: email@example.com
Printed copies can be mailed to: Sandi Christman, 822 6th Street, Kewaunee, WI 54216